Council Awards: Distinguished Achievement Awards
The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of a scientific council over a continuing period and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council. Some councils present this award annually while others present the award every three years*.
Congratulations to the 2021 awardees.
ATVB Distinguished Achievement Award in Arteriosclerosis Sponsored by the Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology (ATVB)
- Rama Natarajan, PhD, FAHA, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California
BCVS Distinguished Achievement Award Sponsored by the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences (BCVS)
- Ronglih Liao, PhD, FAHA, Stanford University, Stanford, California
CLCD Distinguished Achievement Award Sponsored by the Council on Clinical Cardiology (CLCD)
- Ileana L. Piña, MD, MPH, FAHA, Central Michigan University, Detroit, Michigan
CVSN Distinguished Achievement Award Sponsored by the Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN)
- Nancy T. Artinian, PhD, RN, FAHA, Michigan State University College of Nursing, East Lansing, Michigan
EPI Distinguished Achievement Award* Sponsored by the Council on Epidemiology and Prevention (EPI)
- Daniel T. Lackland, DrPH, FAHA, Medical University South Carolina, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
Young Hearts Distinguished Achievement Award Sponsored by Council on Lifelong Congenital Heart Disease and Heart Health in the Young (Young Hearts)
- Pedro J. del Nido, MD, FAHA, Boston Children’s Hospital